10 Criminology Topics for Your Essay on Law
Criminology handles nature, causes, control and consequences of criminal behavior. Today the necessity of this science is extremely important, while the level of crime is rising immensely all over the world. For many scientists the explanation of human behavior has become a top priority.
A wealthy socio-historical experience of the mankind in the past affords a good opportunity for appropriate comprehension of modern criminology and the issues solved by this branch of knowledge. This science had different factors that made an impact on its development providing enough information for a better comprehension of criminology and its opportunities.
Before starting to write a criminology essay, a writer should ensure first that he or she understands the question of the assignment. A good criminology essay addresses its question throughout. At the same time it demonstrates a structured answer. Key phrases enable a writer to understand how he or she should develop the answer’s construction. For example, if the concept of penal welfare should be described, an account of the concept should be provided. If the concept of penal welfare should be criticized, strengths and weaknesses of the concept should be assessed, and a value judgement should be performed.
When a student has to write a research paper on criminology, he or she needs to find a topic that is relevant. Here are ideas about appropriate criminology essay topics to discuss.
- Cyberterrorism in the US. Cyberterrorism includes a range of malevolent computer-based activity. Some experts claim, a set of standards for securing databases and networks must be set up. Such standards must be accepted by organizations, individuals and government.
- Female Domestic Violence Offenders. Female domestic violence offenders are usually disregarded in theory and research. In fact females fall victim to the high incidence of domestic violence crime.
- The Ponzi Scheme: New Successors. Charles Ponzi created his infamous scheme a hundred years ago. However, this method of using incoming investments to pay the old investors is still alive. Today money lost from Ponzi schemes in the US is as high as from shoplifting.
- Human Trafficking in the USA. Human trafficking may seem like a distant problem to US citizens, while few can hear about it on TV. But recent cases of human trafficking in Maryland and northern Virginia provide an alarm signal.
- The Global Weapons Epidemic. The number of skirmishes in the United States is increasing every year. Should the government put more restrictions on gun use and ownership?
- The Issue of Underground Child Labor in Cuba. In spite of the fact that child labor is prohibited in most countries, lots of kids work hard in difficult conditions.
- The Phenomenon of Torture. In the modern world torture is a prevailing human rights crime. It is practiced in one hundred countries, including the US.
- Abuse and Fraud in Nonprofit Organizations. The most famous fraud schemes performed against nonprofit organizations and how such schemes could be detected and prevented.
- The Music Industry’s War on Piracy. Is music property? Is downloading music a crime? What penalties for unauthorized borrowing are used by the musicians?
- Benefits and Costs of Preventing Crime. What are the cost savings from preventing a robbery, burglary, or assault? Who benefits from such savings?
Above are just a few of many criminology essay topics. Remember that it’s better to choose a topic that is relevant and interesting. Make sure you can collect enough information on the topic to do a solid research. You are going to show a thesis statement to the reader and prove why you believe your statement.